1. Buildings of Mols manor and park
Viski, Viski parish, Daugavpils region
The building was established in the late 19th century. The castle was built for the birth of Polish landlords – Mols. It was the castle with two towers. The castle was destroyed during the World War I. The barn, the shed and the 2-storeyed living building as well as the open-planed park, where you can observe 75 species of trees and shrubs, have survived till nowadays.
2. Mausoleum of the landowners Mols
Viski, Viski parish, Daugavpils region
It is located in the village of Viski near the lake Dotka at the place of the old wooden church (1715). The church cemetery is situated beside it. Ancestral roots of the Mols (von der Mohl) originated in Prussia in the 15th century. The descendants came to Latvia in the 17th century. The first Catholic church was built in Viski in 1621 on means of Andrew and Elizabeth Mols, the next – in 1715, and the new church was erected in the period from 1908 to 1925. The birth of Mols is known not only in Latvia, but also in Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Great Britain and Argentina. The manor of Viski (Francis Mols) and the manor of Kalnavishi (Vladislav Mols) were mentioned in the list of the estates in 1772.
3. Settlement of Vecpils and the ruins of the Dinaburg castle
Vecpils, Nauene parish, Daugavpils region. Tel. +371 65471321 (Naujene Local History museum), email@example.com www.naujenesmuzejs.lv
The settlement is located on the bank of the river Daugava. The first settlers came in the 8-13th centuries. This place is considered to be the founder of Daugavpils. You can see the ruins of the foundation of Dinaburg castle, built in 1275, and a miniature model of the castle (1997) at the place of the settlement. “Glade of Knights” is a place for rest near the settlement.
4. Tabore manor
Tabore, Tabore parish, Daugavpils region
The manor was built in 1875 and belonged to the birth of barons Engelhardt. Now it is a school.
5. Lielborne manor
Lielborne, Saliene parish, Daugavpils region
The manor (the first half of the 19th century) belonged to baron von Freitag Lyuninghonen (it was rebuilt at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries). The manor and the farm have remained. You can notice interesting wooden details in the decor of the building. The deepest well (35 m) in the Daugavpils region remained in the court. There used to be a water mill not far from the estate, to the left of the road.
6. Castle in Chervonka
Chervonka, Vecsaliene parish, Daugavpils region. Tel. +371 65475870, firstname.lastname@example.org
The castle in Chervonka was built in 1870 in the neo-gothic style and was located in a bend of the park, which was created in the 19th century. This picturesque building with a dynamic and complex composition of the volume is a real fairy-tale castle. The building is covered with a steep span roof. The risalits, the mezzanines and the tower increase its plastic. The details are worked out with special carefulness. They are diverse and successfully complete the expressiveness of the space. For example, the window openings are lancet, segment, rectangle and round. Their decoration and arrangement on the façade also vary. The estate belonged to the barons von Hahn. The open-planed park of 3 ha with 14 species of exotic trees is located near the castle and the building of the estate.
7. Didrihstein manor house
Laucese, Laucesa parish, Daugavpils region
It is a former elementary school of Laucesa. The castle and the manor house have remained till today. The manor house was built of red brick with a tower in the neogothic style. There is a yard with a small building of red brick in front of the house. Victoria Plater-Zyberk was the owner of the estate in the early 20th century.
8. Rainis house in Berkenele
Berkenele, Kalkuni parish, Daugavpils region. Tel. + 371 29272200, email@example.com
Farm in Berkenele, former possession of the barons Felkerzam, it is known due to the parents of Janis Pliekshan (Rainis), Krishjan and Darta Pliekshan, who rented it from 1872 to 1881. Rainis spent his childhood here and the impressions about it are reflected in his poetry, in “sketch notebook of Dagda”. Rainis museum has been opened in the farm in Berkenele since 1965. The manor house was built in the middle of the19th century. The house of Janis Rainis offers: a tour of an exposition “Rainis and Berkenele”, a tour of an exhibition of regional applied art, exhibitions of professional art, thematic excursions for groups of different age. There is a place for tents. Rent of fireplace hall, bed places.
9. Place of Liksna manor
Liksna, Liksna parish, Daugavpils region
The original name of the estate: Lichten. Liksna manor was built in the style of Baroque by the voivode count J. Plater-Zyberk in 1770, but it was rebuilt in the Gothic style in the middle of the 19th century. The main building burned down in 1861 and was restored according to the project of Daugavpils architect A. Neimann in the period from 1878 till 1880. The main building was located on a steep slope of the right bank of the river Daugava, at the foot of which flows the river Liksna, which flows into the river Daugava after half of a kilometer. The estate has been partially preserved, but the main building was completely destroyed during World War I. You can see only partially preserved fragments of the ruins now.
10. Building of estate in Vabole
Vabole, Vabole parish, Daugavpils region
Count Boleslaw Plater-Zyberk began the building of the manor in the early 19th century. A barn, the manager’s house and the stables have remained till nowadays. The shed is interesting for its massive forms, the door wings that are typical for Latgalian pediments. The manager’s house is a modest wooden building, located at the same level as the barn. In 1947 there was a school in the stables. But in 1999 the building was reconstructed. The new garret, made of a red brick, clearly stands out against a background of windows.