Parks and recreation areas
Walking paths was made by the inhabitants of Liksna village in 1999 and from then every year this paths has been extended. There are walking paths, well-equipped recreation places, creative forms of wood and metal, including the Love Tree.
Well-equipped rest park is located in picturesque place on the bank of the Daugava River on the territory of Daugavas Loki Nature Park. It is possible to organize a wide range of activities in the park. There are children’s playgrounds, outdoor grills, tables, terraces, benches etc. Several tourist groups can visit the park at the same time.
On the right bank of the Daugava River, in the vicinity of Gayok district the Bruģu Street promenade has been built. It is aimed at giving the streets a new, functional look and meaning. After completion of the Bruģu Street promenade, Daugavpils city acquired a new, facilitated area for strolling and enjoying the splendour of nature.
There is a 3km long pedestrian pathway on the shore of Lielais Stropu Lake. The promenade connects the Central Beach and the “Stropu vilnis” Beach. It is a great place to go for a walk, breathe in the fresh air, and spend time actively.
Jezupova (Juzefova) Manor Park was built in the 19th century in Dutch style. Nawadays only a small part of the park, which contains more than 100 different species of plants, has survived.
Music Square in Esplanade Rest Park is a place for rest and walks in Daugavpils. The central theme of the new recreation and walking area is the sounds of music in an urban environment. There are various music instrument in the open air which allow to both hear and feel the music in its various forms. There are 10 different outdoor musical instruments – drums, xylophone, tube bells and other interesting objects.
In the beginning of the 20th century Lacky, botanical garden manager from St. Petersburg, created a park near to Medumi lake. Now this is a popular place for fishing and relaxation on the beach of Medumi lake. 2 km long trail is located in the park.
The development of the park was actively supported by Pavel Dubrovin (1839–1890), who was the city mayor from 1876 to 1890. The park was named after its creator, and not far from the fountain there is a monument to Pavel Dubrovin.
The Park was landscaped in a 19th Century in English style by the count Plater-Zyberk. Many historical buildings (part of the old manor and horse stables) remained to this day. There are 21 tree and brush species, pond and equipped recreation area in the park.
In the square it is situated the bust of poet Andrejs Pumpurs, the Russian Orthodox Chapel of Alexander Nevsky, the monument to the innocent victims of the Communist terror.
Central park in modern park with numerous flower beds and plants is a real jewel in the heart of the Daugavpils city.
Jaunsvente park was built in the end of 19th century. Park’s area is 5.22 hectares and there are 27 different species of trees.
Subate Lake Park is a favorite recreation place of inhabitants of Subate and guests during the summer season.