The mound was registred the first in 1882 by A.Bilensteins. In 1926 E. Brastins published the description of the mound. There was an expedition lead by J. Graudonis in 1968. There is a well-equipped recreation place.
It is located on the left ancient bank of the river Daugava near Daugavpils. It is partially damaged by the war trenches. The goods for fishing network, the handmade dish fragments and other antiques were found in cultural layer. It was inhabited from the first millennium BC till the first millennium AD.