In 1275, instead of the Naujene mound, the castle of Dinaburg was built by the Livonian Orden Master Ernest von Racenburg. Nowadays only ruins of the castle remained, but there is a stone model of this castle on the mound. Nearby is located Dinaburg Nature Trail and recreation area “Knights glade”.
It is located on the left ancient bank of the river Daugava near Daugavpils. It is partially damaged by the war trenches. The goods for fishing network, the handmade dish fragments and other antiques were found in cultural layer. It was inhabited from the first millennium BC till the first millennium AD.