Hover

Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery

  • Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery
  • Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery
  • Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery
  • Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery
  • Counts Engelhardt Family Cemetery
Address
Sengeida, Skrudaliena parish, Daugavpils district (Šengeida, Skrudalienas pagasts, Daugavpils novads)
Phone
+371 654 76748
Email
taka@dnd.lv

It is located near the former manor  Sengeida (1870, now private property), it was built by count Eugene von Engelhart. Following Engelhart family members are buried here: Robert von Engelhart (1798-1840), Eugene von Engelhart (1829-1879), Robert von Engelhart (1872-1874), Julia von Engelhart (1863-1909), Jorgen von Engelhart (1901 – 1903), Wilhelm von Engelhart (1862 – 1901) and Alexander von Engelhart (1869 – 1928). The graves, located on a hill between the trees, are surrounded by a beautiful metal fence and four meters tall oak cross with the inscription “Be strong in your faith” are erected in the center of the cemetery, a linden alley is also made. The cemetery gates are decorated with a plate with a poem in German. In 1996-1997 cemetery was restored and cleaned up by old baron’s grandson, Baron Sigvard von Engelhart.