It is located in Mezciems near the Garnozon cemetery. The church was built in the Orthodox style that was typical for northern Russia. The construction of the church was financed by merchant M. Chukasov from St. Petersburg.
The supervisor of the design and construction was a war engineer Rashevski; the church was build by Daugavpils fortress constructers. The church was consecrated in 1897.
The church is a one-story wooden log building that is not covered with boards. The four-sided roof is covered with diamond-shaped tin plates. The church has nine towers which are covered with boards and they have five different shapes. The pointed towers with four-sided roof are located above the side entrances on the roofs. The part of the altar roof is decorated with a tower, which hexagonal volume supports the cupola with a cross in the form of an onion.