Get to know local craftsmen and rural producers’ work, visit lots of farmsteads and Skrinda Family Museum of Vabole. Try your hand in ancient crafts: weaving, woodcarving and smithcraft. Dare to shoot a bow and arbalest, treat yourself with local delicacies during the excursion route and taste a traditional meal of Vabole.
The route includes:
- a visit of Skrinda Family Museum (the museum is dedicated to the Latvian first “Atmoda” (Awakening) figures – Skrinda brothers); treating with herbal tea and rural bread at the host’s table;
- learning weaving skills with Dace Teivāne;
- a visit of the beekeeping farmstead of Agnese Sitnika, storytelling about honey and bee life, degustation;
- a visit of Varis Vilcāns workshop: viewing the woodcarving process, participating in smithery product making, shooting a bow and arbalest;
- participation in Vabole traditional meal – “komas” cooking on the open fire and having an outdoor meal!
On pre-order is possible to buy smoked meat; on every route’s stage is possible to buy local craftsmen and rural producers’ products.
Additional information and order:
Daugavpils district municipal agency “TAKA”
+371 65476748; +371 29431360