St.Family’s Roman Catholic Church in Aukskalne is 18.5m long and 8.5m wide wooden building covered with bricks. In spring of 1946 dean Janis Strods started building of new church in place of another one, burnt down in 1944. Parish members were very sympathetic, especially people from Demperi and Rudziski. Part of building materials was bought by the forestry, but the greatest part was donated by parish members. The skeleton of the building was made of logs, then it was planked filling the empty places with sawdust. In 14 August 1947 new church was consecrated by dean Janis Strods.
Aukskalne, Ambeli parish, Daugavpils district (Aukškalne, Ambeļu pagasts, Daugavpils novads)
GPS: 56.084304 , 26.896721